Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

56 Pages«<5051525354>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Annino  
#1021 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 11:47:33 AM(UTC)
Annino

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 61 post(s)
No problem! Yep, it's true. I just did it this year :)

Once I applied, the system recognized my SSN and the FO pushed me a new CAO. Then I was sent an SF-86.
Micro34  
#1022 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 11:55:02 AM(UTC)
Micro34

Hello,

First time poster. I recently took the Polygraph and was told on the spot it was most likely inconclusive and that I would have to retake the poly.

Has anyone had this happen, where they actually found out they passed and didn't have to take a second one? Feeling a bit of nerves, as the reasoning was incredibly vague
MavMan  
#1023 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:01:08 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Micro34 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

First time poster. I recently took the Polygraph and was told on the spot it was most likely inconclusive and that I would have to retake the poly.

Has anyone had this happen, where they actually found out they passed and didn't have to take a second one? Feeling a bit of nerves, as the reasoning was incredibly vague

I wouldn't worry too much. They can pretty much tell if you've passed or if its inconclusive. I took 2 a week apart. My first was inconclusive and they told me before I left and the 2nd i passed which he told me before i left. Just retake it if you need to, don;t stress yourself out.
Micro34  
#1024 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:06:56 PM(UTC)
Micro34

Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I wouldn't worry too much. They can pretty much tell if you've passed or if its inconclusive. I took 2 a week apart. My first was inconclusive and they told me before I left and the 2nd i passed which he told me before i left. Just retake it if you need to, don;t stress yourself out.

Thank you for the advice. Yeah, it's just an unknown to me at the moment. Hard when you don't specifically know why. Glad to hear it worked out for you though - were you in the same boat, for the most part?
MavMan  
#1025 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:11:24 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Hello,

Thank you for the advice. Yeah, it's just an unknown to me at the moment. Hard when you don't specifically know why. Glad to hear it worked out for you though - were you in the same boat, for the most part?

I don't remember if they gave me a reason or not. Sorry!
thanks 1 user thanked MavMan for this useful post.
Micro34 on 6/8/2021(UTC)
MavMan  
#1026 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:28:46 PM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Can someone link the pft scoring...I cant find it on the website....

I got it! nm!

Edited by user Tuesday, June 8, 2021 12:48:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wiz_10  
#1027 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 2:13:15 PM(UTC)
Wiz_10

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
To those who said they were medically cleared...were you sent an email stating that you were or are you just basing it off the date change in your application?
Reddhawk11  
#1028 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 3:29:43 PM(UTC)
Reddhawk11

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had to ask my AC if I was medically cleared as the portal was not updating.

Also had a similar experience with the Poly, don't sweat it too much (easier said than done, I know). 1st was inconclusive, 2nd the polygrapher said likely inconclusive and I might not be invited back for a third attempt. Got an email a few weeks later saying I passed.
02/20 - App
03/20 - P1
04/20 - M&G
07/20 - PFT
08/20 - P2W
10/20 - P2I
10/20 - CAO
11/20 - BII
01/21 - Poly
02/21 - Med
thanks 2 users thanked Reddhawk11 for this useful post.
Wiz_10 on 6/8/2021(UTC), Micro34 on 6/8/2021(UTC)
Proteus  
#1029 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 5:31:56 PM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Reddhawk11 Go to Quoted Post

Also had a similar experience with the Poly, don't sweat it too much (easier said than done, I know). 1st was inconclusive, 2nd the polygrapher said likely inconclusive and I might not be invited back for a third attempt. Got an email a few weeks later saying I passed.

If you take the poly and it is inconclusive the first time around, are you automatically invited back to retake? Or are there degrees of "inconclusive" and you may or may not be invited back to take it a second time?
Micro34  
#1030 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2021 6:05:55 PM(UTC)
Micro34

Hey, thanks a bunch - I needed to read something like this. Lots of stress, but I hear you.

I'll let you guys know how this plays out
Honorthecode  
#1031 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:39:31 AM(UTC)
Honorthecode

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
For those of you previously received a CAO, withdrew, and re-applied: Any idea of whether all contacts/jobs that were previously checked are checked again?

Just curious. This is week 6 after my Poly and haven't heard anything from any investigators or friends. My 2nd medical appt is later this week.

Can you withdraw after receiving a conditional offer and accepting, and then start from that point again (poly, I guess?), or must you not accept the conditional offer in order to be able to do that (and/or do you have to do the P2 again)?

Also did it this year. Withdrew in 2019 after accepting conditional offer due to taking another job. Restarted around Feb/March this year. Created a new account - your AC will see through your SSN, etc. that you have already done Phase 1/2 and push you a new CJO. Took my poly last week, have medical next week.
thanks 1 user thanked Honorthecode for this useful post.
Proteus on 6/9/2021(UTC)
Proteus  
#1032 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 6:15:38 AM(UTC)
Proteus

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Well y'all, I recently took my Secret Service interview and I think it went well overall. To be honest, it makes me feel more confident going into my FBI interview, whenever that might be. Of course, I have no idea if I even passed the Secret Service interview, but I image the format won't be extraordinarily different. So maybe it worked out for the best to be doing both apps around the same time--I feel like to some extent interviewing is a skill that needs to be practiced to improve.
tamvid11  
#1033 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:52:51 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mr. Liquid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Proteus Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: 73GoColts Go to Quoted Post
Taking the pre-Q PFT this coming Monday. My AC told me that I am currently penciled in for the August class, pending the PFT. Any advice on what I should do in the days leading up to the test from those who have been through it already? I figure rest and hydration are key obviously, but if anyone found anything else helpful for them, I am all ears. Thanks. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in August

I haven't taken the PFT, but I did attend a practice PFT, so I've taken a live version of the test before, and my advice is eat clear (and don't overeat) in the 1-2 days before the test. I had Thai food the night before, and doing the events back-to-back in relatively quick succession really did a number on me in combination with that. Best to put yourself in a position to be successful.

Yeah, I second the eat clean for several days advice, in addition to prioritize rest and hydration. Really focus on form for pushups and sit ups. Don't stop doing them just because you hit the minimums. And on the 1.5mile run, don't start too fast--try to pace yourself well but don't let yourself slow down (the person giving the test should give you your time on each lap). Your legs and lungs will be killing you by the end--at least mine were--but push through and it'll be over soon. Good luck!

Just to add, idk about anyone else, but make sure you properly fuel the morning of as well. Whatever you usually eat before a pft test dont change it the day of. I've kept the same ritual for every pt test i've ever taken, Military, Police and now this. I take my second pre-Q pft next week as well. Good luck to you!! Leave it all out there (no matter if you need a 5 or a 12)

My wife made me a great schedule of food for the week leading up to my PFT on Friday. We try to eat clean all the time, but definitely cleaned it up a bit more this week.
Breakfast: Banana, Fried egg, whole grain toast OR Banana, oatmeal with turkey bacon
Lunches: taco salad with vegetarian meat crumbles, chicken or ham wrap with side of mixed grilled veggies, chicken stir-fry with brown rice
Dinners: vegetarian tacos, veggie burgers with roasted sweet potatoes, vegetarian spaghetti with whole grain pasta

The higher carb items - rice lunches/pasta dinners are for the 2 days prior just to have some carb reserves - I know I'm not running a marathon, but it will sure feel like it if you don't have the energy reserves!
Snacks have been fruits and veggies... with a couple cookies here and there just so I don't go nuts!
App:11/20
M&G:12/20
P2(W):12/20
P2(I):1/21
PSI:2/21
Poly:3/21
Med/BI:4/21
Med Clear:5/21
PFT:6/21 (pass)

thanks 1 user thanked tamvid11 for this useful post.
MavMan on 6/9/2021(UTC)
tamvid11  
#1034 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 11:41:38 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

Hey, thanks a bunch - I needed to read something like this. Lots of stress, but I hear you.

You'll see inconclusives a lot... and they really can go either way (pass or redo). I've found it has more to do with the examiner than you. It really is no big deal and they will get you in for another. I thankfully didn't have to take more than 1 for the FBI, but I did 3 for another agency. If it is like the other agency, they will tell you where they had the issue and focus questions on that area - in my case the subsequent polys were shorter and only had a few questions. Also, my first 2 were done by the same person, so they had a chance to make it a good read (he was new to doing them for hiring purposes)... the 3rd was performed by a supervisor. I think experience has a lot to do with if something is read as inconclusive and if they aren't confident, HQ won't be either.

Also, there is nothing on the portal that will tell you that you've cleared medical (date will not change as you are still in BI). Typically you will have the appointments, wait 2 weeks for the kickbacks, once those are submitted it will be a few days to a couple weeks before you are cleared. I found out because I inquired, and it is not something all ACs will automatically tell you.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 9, 2021 11:45:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Micro34  
#1035 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 1:14:04 PM(UTC)
Micro34

Originally Posted by: tamvid11 Go to Quoted Post

You'll see inconclusives a lot... and they really can go either way (pass or redo). I've found it has more to do with the examiner than you. It really is no big deal and they will get you in for another. I thankfully didn't have to take more than 1 for the FBI, but I did 3 for another agency. If it is like the other agency, they will tell you where they had the issue and focus questions on that area - in my case the subsequent polys were shorter and only had a few questions. Also, my first 2 were done by the same person, so they had a chance to make it a good read (he was new to doing them for hiring purposes)... the 3rd was performed by a supervisor. I think experience has a lot to do with if something is read as inconclusive and if they aren't confident, HQ won't be either.

Also, there is nothing on the portal that will tell you that you've cleared medical (date will not change as you are still in BI). Typically you will have the appointments, wait 2 weeks for the kickbacks, once those are submitted it will be a few days to a couple weeks before you are cleared. I found out because I inquired, and it is not something all ACs will automatically tell you.

Interesting. Yeah, I know I cannot get into detail...but there was no actual emphasis on any questions. Just broadly inconclusive on both sections, which I found strange. No real actionable feedback.

But yeah, still surprised but looking at this as a 'glass half full scenario' and driving on still.

Thanks for the feedback!
Annino  
#1036 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:27:11 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 61 post(s)
For those of you asking about academy deferrals, this is from the BFTC guide on FBIJobs:

Timeframe: The BFTC lasts 19 weeks (including orientation) and candidates are typically notified two to four weeks in advance of their class date. Applicants are allowed to request a different BFTC only once, with sufficient cause, after an initial BFTC date is providEd.
Reddhawk11  
#1037 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 6:19:41 PM(UTC)
Reddhawk11

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ditto to tamvid, when I got my inconclusive I was not told specifically what sections I didn't "read" well on. I was simply called by my AC, asked when I could come in, to which I responded "how's tomorrow morning?". They only did a few of the sections rather than the whole thing so it was a lot quicker. The polygrapher had said 3 was the max he's ever seen but I don't think there is a hard number. Inconclusives are common, and it doesn't necessarily mean you did poorly on any portion. Try and stay out of your head.
02/20 - App
03/20 - P1
04/20 - M&G
07/20 - PFT
08/20 - P2W
10/20 - P2I
10/20 - CAO
11/20 - BII
01/21 - Poly
02/21 - Med
FutureGmen  
#1038 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 7:01:49 PM(UTC)
FutureGmen

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Well I failed my
Poly based on one question. How long does FBI HQ take to send the letter and can I appeal the decision despite being truthful.
tamvid11  
#1039 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 6:07:32 AM(UTC)
tamvid11

United States

I know we are new to the special agent portal, but I did my PFT scheduling through that and received a confirmation email from the do-not-reply email. Has anyone else received confirmations like this (get ready for your PFT!)? Or do they only do them for those who self-schedule through the portal?

Alright2015  
#1040 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2021 4:48:12 PM(UTC)
Alright2015

United States

Hey all, first time poster here, long time lurker, didn’t want to waste my time and create an account until I passed the polygraph lol here’s my timeline:

Phase 1: 4/14/2019
Application put on pause due to PT
Meet & Greet: 12/14/2020
Phase 2 written: 01/14/2021
Phase 2 interview: 03/4/2021
Passing email results of Phase 2: 03/10/2021
COL: 03/11/2021
EQIP: 03/12/2021
Drug test and fingerprints: 3/25/2021
PSI: 04/01/2021
Polygraph #1: 05/15/2021
Polygraph #2: 06/08/2021