Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abeth  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 10:59:50 AM(UTC)
abeth

Groups: Registered
United States

I was previously a GS-13 (made it from a 9-13 in four years) at the USDA. From there I became a military spouse and because we moved to smaller installations had to take lower graded positions and topped out at a GS-11 position for my last job. I then accepted a position that is a ladder 11/12/13 grade. However, I was only brought on as a GS 12/5. The job that I held a GS 13 at and the ladder job are the same series and I had already completed a year as a GS 12 and have the required experience. My question is do I have a foot to stand on to ask that I be corrected to a GS 13?

Thanks!
FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 11:45:20 AM(UTC)
FatHappyCat

Was thanked: 138 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Did you have a year as a GS13? You're not considered a permanent in that grade unless you've successfully held it for one year. If you have an SF50 for that time, that should be good enough.
abeth  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 12:00:43 PM(UTC)
abeth

United States

I did and I do have an SF-50 for that promotion.
FS0201  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2021 2:40:37 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 267 post(s)
You can ask but they are not obligated to promote you, and nothing needs to be “corrected.” You were offered and accepted a 12; they could have offered you an 11. While a career ladder position provides the opportunity for non-competitive promotion, there is not a guarantee of the promotion, and it is dependent on a number of factors.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed